Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year.

The older I get the more I appreciate the new year. I used to think it was gimmicky - another hallmark of a run amok capitalist society which I hate, but understand, which forces my fellow liberals to always hold me at arm's length and view me with a bit of suspicion. However, as the solstice has passed and the days lengthen, the ice will thaw and the spring planting will begin and renewal comes to all things.

This moment is unique. Maybe no more unique than any other moment, but unique in its own right and it deserves its special place although that place is no more important than any other moment's, mind you, yet, it is important for the moment itself. There's no denying it. However, we also don't want to bruise its fellow moments, but that is neither here nor there. For this one particular moment things are as they should be. Of course, things will be as they should be or things were as they should have been for all other moments future and past, but let's not let that diminish this moment's place in the sun.

At any rate, this moment is easier to remembr than most. As unfair as that might be.

Also: It's possible I've been drinking just about all day.

No comments: